Material: Stainless steel on the outside, nonstick cooking pot on the inside
Power: Regular 110 V household power
Size: approximately 12 by 12 by 13 inches
The Fagor has three functions: it’s a rice cooker, pressure cooker and slow cooker.
Pressure settings: low (5 psi) and high (9 psi)
Safety features: it has a self-locking lid with an automatic pressure-release setting. Two independent pressure control valves and an anti-overheating protection.
Other features: Two different cooking settings (“brown” and “keep warm”), LED screen, 8-hour delay timer, stay-cool handles.
The Fagor is a multipurpose cooker. It’s three different cookers in one.
You can use it in the rice cooking mode for cooking any type of rice. The automatic rice-cooking program steams the rice. The result is fluffy and light rice that is not overcooked. It takes around 6 minutes. For brown rice it takes around 16 minutes.
When in pressure-cooker mode you can use the high or low pressure settings and cook healthy meals in less time. The higher the setting the faster you’ll get your meals cooked. As far as safety goes the pressure cooker has a safety lid. This means the lid won’t open until all the pressure inside the pot gets released. Great for unattended pressure cooking. You don’t have to monitor it closely.
In slow-cooking mode (my favorite) you can use it for making recipes that require slow cooking like soups, pot roasts and stews. You just have to put all the ingredients in the pot, set the timer, and after a couple of hours your meal is ready! You don’t have to do anything. The slow cooker has two settings as well („high“ and „low“).
The cooker automatically shifts to the „keep war“ function at the end of any cooking program. In this way your meal will stay warm before serving it. You can use the “brown” function to soften onions or brown meat without using a different pan to prep ingredients.
The 6-Quart cooking pot is made from nonstick material and is removable. You can wash it in your dishwasher. The exterior is made from brushed stainless steel. With this cooker you’ll get a manual with 40 recipes for the three cooking programs.
The final verdict! Pros and cons of the Fagor 3-in-1 Multi-Cooker
- Three cookers in one. It will save a lot of space in your kitchen.
- You just set it and forget it. Unlike traditional stovetop pressure cookers, you don’t have to monitor it closely while cooking. Just leave it until it’s over.
- You can programm it. Great for slow cooking recipes. Again no fuss with it.
- Easy to wash.
- Good price (you can get it for less than $100)
- Like in all digital programable devices the digital panel is „sensible“. Users often report it breaks after a while.
- The interior is made from nonstick material (actually aluminum coated in Teflon). Not the healthiest of options.
- The high pressure setting is 9psi. So, if your recipe requires 13-15 psi you have to slightly adjust your cooking time (around 10%).
- You will have to replace the nonstick pot after a while because it gets scratched with use.
My favorites dishes with the Multi-Cooker
For the pressure cooker function: Barbeque chicken (ready in 45 minutes on high pressure setting), artichokes (ready in 13 minutes).
For the slow cooker function: The Wiener goulash and all kinds of soups.
For the rice cooker function: of course rice (don’t use too much water or your rice will be sticky) and polenta.
As far as replacement parts are concerned the silicon gasket and the nonstick pot have to be replaced after some 3 years of use. The nonstick pot gets scratched over time. The replacement cost is around $33 with shipping.